The creative guide to rock and shred metal guitar soloing with Chris Zoupa
We all know that YouTube is awash with demonstrations of flashy rock/shred licks, but there is little information on how to improvise in this genre and, more importantly, how to build your vocabulary and find your voice as a player.
- Do you want a simple method that will teach you to improvise without getting bogged down in theory you don’t need?
- Do you want a creative rock / shred metal guide that will boost your vocabulary with hundreds of new licks?
One of the biggest obstacles facing aspiring rock and shred metal players is gaining enough knowledge of theory and chord construction to improvise confidently over any set of changes. It’s also hard to know where to begin.
In Shred Guitar Improvisation, legendary player and guitar teacher Chris Zoupa gives you the essential knowledge you need to cover a huge variety of playing situations. You’ll also build your shred guitar vocabulary with hundreds of creative licks!
Creative Shred guitar techniques you’ll learn:
- Essential harmony and chord theory
- Scale and arpeggio choices to play over diatonic chords
- Scale and arpeggio choices for non-diatonic chords
- Powerful licks for every scale/arpeggio in the book
- How to solo with chord fragments
- How to break away from clichéd box shape licks
- How to compose your own improvised solos
Shred Guitar like a boss and find your own voice:
One of the huge challenges of rock and shred guitar is to avoid running up and down scales and arpeggios, playing predictable licks. Chris Zoupa shows you tons of different ways of varying scales and shred sequences to keep them surprising, exciting and unpredictable.
You won’t find any mindless shred here – every example is practical, powerful and rooted in musical context.
Shred Guitarists – Discover how to:
- Get inside cool challenging licks in the style of Jason Becker, Yngwie Malmsteen and Michael Romeo
- Take pentatonics to the next level in the style of Eric Johnson, Joe Bonamassa and Kirk Hammett
- Learn beautiful legato licks in the style of Guthrie Govan and Shawn Lane
- Learn to how use intervals and string-skipping ideas in your playing
- Discover sustained or “bleeding” arpeggios in the style of Jerry Cantrell and Josh Middleton
Bonus 1: Learn the outside to inside licks and ideas that set apart the rock / shred masters
Bonus 2: Backing tracks to jam and practice along to are included in the FREE audio download
Shred Guitar Tools:
- Learn to solo over every chord in the major scale
- Creative ideas for improvising over non-diatonic chords
- Add flair with slides, bends, vibrato, legato and more
- Resequencing common shred sequences
- Plus, notation and tab for every example with studio-quality audio to download FREE
Shred Guitar Improvisation contains over 150 examples with supporting audio, so you can learn properly and hear exactly how each lick should sound
Buy it now and start your journey to shred guitar improvisation mastery