An explosive guide to the modes for rock and metal guitar. It’s time to shred!
In Rock Guitar Mode Mastery YouTube legend Chris Zoupa presents his guide to the modes and shows how to creatively apply them to rock and shred metal guitar. A modal approach has resulted in some of the most iconic rock / metal tracks and guitar solos of all time. Yet, for many players, the modes are still shrouded in mystery.
This book enables you to get right inside the music, understand how those rock and metal guitar parts are constructed, and begin to create your own. Chris Zoupa’s no-nonsense, common sense guide shows us how to use each mode in its correct context. But, throughout this book, the focus is on making great music, not simply acquiring knowledge.
Each chapter is presented in 4 parts:
1. Find the sound of the mode (what makes it different; sample songs to listen to)
2. Play the scale in multiple positions and learn the chords of the mode
3. Scale, pentatonic and arpeggio ideas to use with the mode
4. Learn a collection of creative, non-clichéd licks as a springboard to creating your own ideas
What you’ll learn:
• How to use the modes effectively for rock and shred metal guitar
• A clear guide that cuts through the confusion many have about modal guitar playing
• Scales, pentatonic patterns and arpeggios for each mode
• How the great rock and metal players use the modes to compose and improvise solos
• Licks in the style of Kirk Hammett, Michael Paget, Mark Tremonti, Alex Skolnick, Slash, Alexi Laiho, Paul Gilbert and many more!
• Creative ways of using modes so they don’t sound like boring scales, along with numerous shred technique such as alternate picking, legato, sweep picking and tapping
Rock Guitar Mode Mastery
• Would you like to play like the rock and metal greats, but find the modes baffling?
• Would you like a common sense guide that shows how to use the modes in REAL music?
• Would you like to extend your knowledge with some cool rock and shred techniques and licks?
Your modal adventure starts here…
Chris Zoupa writes, “The moment you begin to understand the modes and how to apply them is exciting and liberating. It will have a great effect on your composition of chord progressions, riffs and licks.” In this book he passes on years of experience of modal playing in live situations, and teaching the modes to thousands of students.
Here’s What You Get:
• A step-by-step guide that explains each mode and how to use it in practical ways
• Dozens of exercises that focus on musical application and technique building
• Creative ways of using the modes to avoid clichés and make real music
• Great shred licks and tricks to expand your rock and shred vocabulary
• Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for FREE
Rock Guitar Mode Mastery comes complete with studio quality audio of the dozens of examples for each mode – all available to download for FREE, so you can hear how each one should sound.