Learn Martin Taylor’s Jazz Guitar Solos on Classic Standards
Are you struggling to play complete guitar solos on jazz standards?
Do you want to progress from playing “just licks” to developing long, meaningful solos that tell a story?
Are you stuck trying to solo over longer combinations of common jazz guitar chord changes?
In his new book, Jazz Guitar Soloing Etudes, Martin Taylor presents 12 beautifully crafted jazz guitar etudes, rich with authentic jazz language, that tackle the most popular jazz standards.
Master jazz guitar by going straight to the source!
- You’ll quickly master engaging melodic solos over multiple choruses
- You’ll learn long-form jazz vocabulary that goes way beyond scales and arpeggios
- You’ll discover how to grow long, improvised guitar solos that grow organically
- You’ll tell your own musical guitar soloing story that connects with the melody of the tune
Accelerated learning for the jazz guitarist
Learning Martin Taylor’s original solos is like taking a conversation class when studying a new language. You’ll start with a small seed of an idea inspired by the song’s melody, then naturally develop it into longer, more complex musical guitar solo. Instead of just playing licks, you’ll learn to develop an actual musical conversation that always links back to the source.
These 12 etudes have been carefully crafted to help you progress beyond predictable scales and exercises into playing actual music. Together, they cover virtually every essential chord progression in modern jazz and accelerate your progress as you learn to build solos that will keep your listeners engaged.
Martin Taylor’s actual jazz guitar solos over these essential standards
- All the Things You Are
- Softly as in a Morning Sunrise
- Blue Moon
- Blue Bossa
- Jazz Blues
- The Rhythm Changes
- Jersey Bounce
- How High the Moon
- Georgia on My Mind
- On Green Dolphin Street
These etudes will help you to internalise the language of jazz guitar soloing. It’s time to throw away the complex theory books and lick encyclopaedias and master the actual craft of soloing.
You’ll can even download Martin’s own live recordings of his solos along with twelve original backing tracks!
Martin Taylor’s Jazz Guitar Soloing Etudes – Here’s What You Get:
- Multiple chorus of solos on essential jazz standards, fully transcribed with notation and tab
- A masterclass in developing motifs and perfect phrasing across a whole solo
- Learn the essential rhythmic language for authentic jazz soloing
- Live recorded audio examples and backing tracks by Martin Taylor
This book distils 50 years of virtuosic playing experience into direct jazz guitar vocabulary and feel to help you take a massive step forward in your musical development.
If you’re ready to discover the most direct route to authentic jazz guitar soloing, without all the distracting theory – buy it now.