Not Your Ordinary Shred Guitar Book
If you’re stuck in a rut with your rock guitar soloing, Shred legend Chris Zoupa is here to set you straight.
Creative Shred Guitar Exercises is an eccentric collection of Zoupa’s most devilish shred guitar ideas – all lovingly crafted to sharpen every area of your modern rock guitar technical skills.
You’ll discover 100 fun, creative and outlandish exercises that will improve your abilities and equip you to tackle any soloing situation.
Every musical example is focused on the four essential areas of picking, legato, sweeping and tapping…
… and each discipline is stretched to breaking point with exciting and left-field exercises to unleash your inner virtuoso.
Break Out of the Box and Break That Rut!
If you’re sick of playing the same old clichéd licks, or have an over-reliance on “pure technique”, Zoupa has the antidote with this set of 100 creative drills that isolate your technique and get you creative in any guitar soloing situation.
- Chromatic and whole tone exercises to build clean execution
- Ascending and descending diminished patterns that add tension to your playing
- Finger independence workouts to help you play anythingon guitar
- Major 7th, tritone and augmented combos to add unique depth to your solos
- String skipping and odd-grouping drills to add exciting melodic leaps and rhythms
- Pentatonic shred ideas that go way beyond the ordinary
Go Way Beyond the Diatonic and Harmonic Concepts of the Masters
You’ll also get to drill shred sequences that take inspiration from iconic guitarists and quickly learn to create your own takes on…
- Triplet and string-changing monster runs in the style of Paul Gilbert and Buckethead
- Epic Hirajoshi Pentatonic sequences in the style of Trivium and Cacophony
- No-nonsense Neo-classical picking workouts a la Yngwie Malmsteen
- Futuristic, spacey intervallic lines reminiscent of Steve Vai and Tosin Abasi
- Joe Satriani and Guthrie Govan-style licks to make diatonic legato sound cool and fresh
But there’s more! You’ll also discover:
- Josh Middleton’s (Sylosis) astonishing “legato arpeggio” style
- Greg Howe-style arpeggio runs and hammer-ons from nowhere
- Amazing sweep sequences in the style of Jason Becker and Jason Richardson
- The arpeggio, chromatic and pentatonic tapping approaches of Synyster Gates and Rusty Cooley
Creative Guitar Technique You’ve Been Craving
Creative Shred Guitar Exercises quickly helps you master the challenging techniques used by today’s virtuoso guitarists, and presents them all in Chris Zoupa’s hilariously irreverent teaching style that’s loved by millions on YouTube.
Open your ears to 100 incredible new possibilities in rock guitar soloing, but be warned… don’t forget your safe word!
Buy it now and take your solos to a level you’d never have dreamed possible.