Master advanced jazz guitar techniques with Jens Larsen
- Are you looking to take the next step on your jazz guitar journey?
- Do you want to learn the most cutting edge jazz theory and concepts from one of the world’s most popular jazz guitarists?
- Would you like a simple method that gives you the tools you need to create your own, contemporary-sounding lines?
In Advanced Jazz Guitar Techniques jazz guitar virtuoso Jens Larsen provides more deep insights into the techniques and theory of contemporary jazz guitar.
You’ll discover a practical, no-nonsense guide to jazz guitar topics that have mystified even experienced jazz musicians – such as effective soloing with triad pairs, applying quartal harmony, how and when to use altered scales, and much more!
Master the advanced guitar techniques and melodic concepts you’ve heard in the music of everyone from Charlie Parker and Wes Montgomery, to Kurt Rosenwinkel, Michael Brecker and Mike Moreno.
What you’ll learn:
- How to use tritone substitution more effectively in your playing
- Chord and scale substitution ideas to create new sounds with scales you already know
- How to use triad pairs from the Altered Scale
- How to combine triads, arpeggios and scale runs to create melodic, modern-sounding licks that avoid clichés
- Intervallic patterns to introduce exciting melodic leaps into your jazz soloing
- The Augmented and Tritone scales and how to use them
Advanced jazz guitar concepts
Jens Larsen gets to the heart of modern jazz guitar playing to focus on the techniques and theory that will set your playing apart from the crowd. His new jazz guitar book teaches how to create quartal arpeggio licks that combine the old-school cool jazz vocabulary of McCoy Tyner and John Coltrane with the modern sounds of Gilad Hekselman, Jonathan Kriesberg and Mike Moreno.
His ground breaking chapter on intervallic structures shows you how to create exciting lines by converting drop 2 and shell chord voicings into arpeggio structures – as heard in the playing of jazz saxophonists like Michael Brecker and Chris Potter.
The complete modern jazz guitar toolkit
In Advanced Jazz Guitar Techniques, you’ll find:
- A wealth of instantly useable melodic jazz guitar licks
- Jazz arpeggio and scale concepts you can absorb into your playing immediately
- Dozens of creative jazz guitar ideas to break out of musical ruts
- A clear explanation of every jazz guitar technique that you can use immediately!
The emphasis is on making the jazz guitar concepts your own. You won’t just learn great licks – you’ll understand how they work and how to adapt each one to your musical taste.
Here’s What You Get:
- A step-by-step jazz guitar method that starts simple and adds layers of complexity
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and studio-quality audio to download for FREE
- A full-length blues with a solo analysis demonstrating all the concepts at work
- Apply your knowledge to the most common progressions in jazz
All the examples in this book are taught over the ii V I progression, so you can immediately apply them to any jazz standard. In addition, the concepts are shown in a full-length Bb Blues solo that turns the jazz theory into exciting melodic lines over familiar chord changes.
Download 87 free audio examples, so you can hear exactly how each example should sound.
Buy it now and master advanced jazz guitar soloing today!