Play in the Style of 20 Indie Rock Icons!
The Indie Rock revolution changed the landscape of modern music forever and paved the way for many great guitar players who may not otherwise have been heard. 100 Indie Rock Riffs for Guitar unpacks the playing styles of Indie rock’s 20 most influential guitarists in a way that will grow your ability as a player.
You won’t find cold riffs with no musical context here. Instead there are crucial insights into each player’s style and usable riffs you can incorporate into your playing right away.
- Learn to play in the style of 20 ground breaking Indie rock guitarists
- Master 5 defining guitar riffs for each player
- Combine and personalize vocabulary into your own unique style
- Get creative and jam over the original backing tracks
- Discover extensive biographies and essential discographiesfor every player
Learn guitar riffs in the style of:
Robert Smith (The Cure) | Will Sergeant (Echo and the Bunnymen) | Peter Buck (R.E.M.) | Billy Duffy (The Cult) | Johnny Marr (The Smiths) | John Squire (Stone Roses) | Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead) | Joey Santiago (Pixies) | Kevin Shields (My Bloody Valentine) | Graham Coxon (Blur) | Noel Gallagher (Oasis) | Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) | Jack White (White Stripes) | Nick Valensi (The Strokes) | Matthew Followill (Kings of Leon) | Andrew White (Kaiser Chiefs) | Russell Lissack (Bloc Party) | Dave Keuning (The Killers) | Dan Auerback (Black Keys) | Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys)
100 Indie Rock Riffs for Guitar
- Would you like to spice up your rock guitar playing with some fresh ideas?
- Do you want to master the art of Indie rock riffing?
- Do you want to add to your arsenal of riffs and grow as a player?
Along with extensive biographies, the musical style and language of 20 Indie rock guitar greats is discussed and analysed through five signature, “in the style of”, defining riffs, which are broken down note by note. 100 Indie Rock Riffs for Guitar goes way beyond other boring lick books and teaches you classic Indie rock guitar riffs in the style of the greats.
Here’s What You Get:
- 100 classic Indie rock guitar riffs that teach the musical language of 20 guitar legends
- Playing advice and a breakdown of every lick, from fingering to performance notes
- An explanation of the concept behind each lick, so you can develop your own musical voice
- Backing tracksto make the music come alive while you develop your chops
- Perfectly notated examples withtab andstudio-quality audio to download for free
Bonus One: Essential discography for every player
Bonus Two: Tips on phrasing, articulation and how to make each lick your own
Go Way Beyond “Traditional” Guitar Lick Books
100 Indie Rock Riffs for Guitaris different to other books on the market. You won’t just learn riffs verbatim with no context. Instead, detailed insight is given into each idea, explaining both the theory and technique. This means you will understand the concepts behind the riffs and be able to absorb them into your own playing.
Learning Indie rock guitar riffs from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. 100 Indie Rock Riffs for Guitar contains supporting audio examples and backing tracks to help you get inside the music and quickly apply each riff in a real musical situation.