The Classic Licks of Twenty 1960s Guitar Legends
- Do you want to get deep into the musical guitar sounds of the 1960s?
The 1960s was one of the most creative and explosive decades in music history. Blues-rock, jam-band culture, surf, Woodstock, the hippie movement and more! It was a cultural melting pot where music and art became accessible to everyone – and spawned some of the most influential guitar players of all time.
100 Guitar Licks of the 1960s captures the spirit of the era, exploring the musical language of 20 iconic guitar players. Much more than a just a lick book, Levi Clay’s detailed explanations will ensure the music here improves your playing for good.
- Learn to play in the style of 20 guitar pioneers of the 1960s
- Master 5 definitive guitar licks for each player
- Jam over 100 original backing tracks
- Discover biographies for each player and the guitars/amps they used
Learn 1960s Guitar Licks in the Style of…
Duane Allman | Jeff Beck | Chuck Berry | Mike Bloomfield | Eric Clapton | Steve Cropper | Dick Dale | Jerry Garcia | Peter Green | George Harrison & John Lennon | Jimi Hendrix | B.B. King | Freddie King | Alvin Lee | Hank Marvin | Curtis Mayfield | Jimmy Page | Keith Richards | Carlos Santana | Pete Townshend |
Blues, rock, soul, folk, psychedelia and more converged in the ‘60s and Woodstock saw performances that were permanently etched on music history, like Jimi Hendrix’s unforgettable rendition of the US national anthem. Want to be able to accurately recreate the guitar styles and sounds of this era? These definitive licks will give you the tools you need.
- 100 classic 1960s licks that teach the language of 20 guitar legends
- Playing advice and a breakdown of every lick, from theory to fingering
- Tips on articulation and how to make each lick your own
- Backing tracks to practice your chops and develop your own new ideas
- Perfectly notated examples with TAB and studio quality audio to download for free
Go Way Beyond “Traditional” Guitar Lick Books
100 Guitar Licks of the 1960s is different to other books on the market. You won’t just learn licks verbatim with no context. Instead, detailed insight is given into each line, explaining both the theory and technique. This means you will understand the concepts behind the licks and immediately be able to absorb them into your own playing.
Free Audio Download!
Learning classic guitar licks from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. 100 Guitar Licks of the 1960s contains 100 supporting audio examples and 100 backing tracksto help you get inside the music and quickly apply each lick in a real musical situation. There is over 1 hour of audio free with this book!
Buy it now to bring the authentic language of classic 1960s guitar legends into your playing.