Unlock the Secrets of Bebop Saxophone Licks for Jazz Guitar
Are you struggling to play authentic bebop guitar?
The saxophone played a pivotal role in the development of bebop – the music that revolutionised jazz and opened the door to a whole new world of melodic improvisation. To be a truly authentic bebop guitarist, it’s essential that you learn the language of the pioneering jazz saxophonists.
Ulf Wakenius is a jazz guitar legend who played with Oscar Peterson for an entire decade
In this book, Ulf presents a unique bebop guitar workout as he shows how jazz guitarists can learn and apply the language of five legendary saxophonists to create burning licks and solos.
Far more than a “lick book” – this is the most practical bebop masterclass you can buy.
A Deep Dive into the Bebop Saxophone Language of the Masters – All Written and Notated for Jazz Guitar
You’ll learn the secrets of 5 iconic bebop jazz innovators, along with hundreds of licks, phrases, solos and ways of thinking to break away from clichéd guitar licks.
You’ll master the jazz saxophone language of
- Charlie Parker – one of the original innovators of bebop
- Stan Getz – Getz was a master of bebop along with the cooland Latin styles
- Sonny Rollins – one of the most powerful and creative voices of modern jazz
- Ben Webster – a master craftsman whose understated style belied incredible harmonic knowledge
- Cannonball Adderley – captured during his time playing on Miles’ Kind of Blue
As well as learning hundreds of great bebop licks for guitar, you’ll get a detailed analysis of each player’s style to understand the thinking behind their licks.
What You’ll Learn
This book teaches the central concepts of the bebop approach and shows hundreds of ways to apply these ideas.
- Over 100 authentic jazz saxophone licks written for guitar
- How to create lines with magical chromatic notes
- How to use enclosures, sequences and approach note concepts
- Instant arpeggio substitution concepts and applications
- Exciting 7b9, altered dominant, and tritone substitution licks
- Melodic side-steps and creative ways to add tension
- Must-know bebop arpeggio substitution tricks
“A Masterclass in Jazz Guitar Phrasing”
As well as building your jazz vocabulary, you’ll also learn perfect phrasing by mimicking the approach of the jazz sax masters. It’s not enough to know the right notes, it’s essential to play them musically.
Get The Audio!
Along with painstakingly transcribed examples and exercises, Bebop Saxophone Soloing for Jazz Guitar comes with every single one recorded as an audio track that you can download from our website for free.
Praise for Ulf Wakenius
“Just great!” – Pat Metheny
“He plays the guitar like he was born with it in his hands,”- John McLaughlin
“Humungous chops!” – Pat Martino
If you’re ready to get into some serious bebop study, this book is for you. Add tons of fresh licks to your vocabulary and fast track your jazz guitar soloing success. Buy it today!