Discover The NeoSoul Jazz Influence with a True Guitar Icon
Mark Whitfield’s NeoSoul guitar credentials are impeccable… from the seminal recording Brown Sugarby D’Angelo (the blueprint for modern NeoSoul), to collaborations with Mary J. Blige and current New York NeoSoul DJs.
His jazz credentials are unquestionable too, having played with artists like Dizzy Gillespie, Art Blakey, Branford Marsalis, Joe Zawinul, his mentor the great George Benson, and countless others.
In this book, Mark combines his passions to teach the language of Neo-Soul Jazz Guitar Soloing with detailed analysis and insight into his ideas.
The Definitive Language of NeoSoul Jazz Guitar
You’ll discover Mark’s NeoSoul Jazz Guitarist’s Toolkit– a collection of accessible musical approaches that are essential for authentic NeoSoul.
- How to play Blues Licks NeoSoul style, using behind-the-beat and vocal phrasing
- Funky Double-Stops that create strong rhythmic statements
- How to build Motifs that make your solos stronger and more musical
- How to use Rhythmic Phrasing to play syncopated and polyrhythmic lines
- Long phrases that flow effortlessly over the bar line rather than “chasing the changes”
- How to correctly use Chromatic Passing Notes to play lines that weave through the harmony and create captivating melodies
Push the Boundaries of Creativity with a Collection of Groundbreaking Licks
Neo-Soul Jazz Guitar Soloing teaches you 6 powerful NeoSoul jazz guitar tracks that put authentic licks at your fingertips in any musical setting.
Mark’s strong jazz bebop influence pushes the envelope of NeoSoul and you’ll gain unfiltered access to his guidance in creating some truly stunning licks… from must-know vocabulary ideas to challenging runs.
Take a deep dive into:
- How to manipulate rhythmic displacement by moving motifs to different beats of the bar
- Blurring the major-minor tonality of the music, blues-style
- Create hybrid scale runs that use familiar patterns but borrow “effect” notes from parallel scales
- Learn to visualize chord changes and use implied chord changes to add depth and soloing options
- Superimposed arpeggios and scales that create exciting inside-outside phrases
- Refine your phrasing with Mark’s insights into tonal targeting
- Side-stepping techniques to build captivating lines with chromatic passing notes
A Complete NeoSoul Jazz Guitar Masterclass
Neo-Soul Jazz Guitar Soloingis a complete masterclass in modern NeoSoul soloing.
It’s not just a rich and varied collection of amazing licks, it’s a one-on-one masterclass with a NeoSoul Icon who’ll help you push your style into virtuoso territory.
This book includes a download of over 106 audio examples and backing tracks, clear notation and tablature, along with detailed explanations of every example.
If you’re ready to master NeoSoul Jazz Guitar Soloing, buy it now…