The Practical Guide to Modern Music Theory for Guitarists
Do you find yourself soloing not really knowing if what you’re playing is ‘right’?
Have you found yourself ‘collecting’ musical theory without taking the time to learn to apply the information to your guitar?
Do you wish you understood what you were playing so you could take your skills to the next level?
The Complete Guide to Modern Music Theory begins with essential first principles all the way through to complex, exciting musical ideas while all the time teaching you the musical application of each concept. You aren’t just “learning theory” but applying it to your guitar as you go.
Here’s What You Get…
• Learn cutting edge, up to date music theory from a guitarist’s perspective and as it applies to the guitar
• Discover how to apply the music theory principles to the guitar so improve as a guitar player too
• Get 200 exercises and examples to help you internalise and master the most important concepts in modern guitar playing
• PLUS practice with professional backing tracks from Guitar Techniques Magazine’s Quist
Essential Knowledge and Musical Skills
The Complete Guide to Modern Music Theory begins with the formation of the Major scale and builds steadily from the concepts taught in the first few chapters to help you master, hear and apply all the essential theory used today.
Theory topics covered include:
• Major and Minor Scale Construction, Harmonisation and How to Name Chords
• Constructing Chord Progressions, Modulation and Chord Qualities
• Complete Study of Modes with real world examples.
• Modes deconstructed into Intervallic and Three and Four Note Soloing Approaches plus Pentatonic Substitutions
• A ‘Cheat Sheet’ of the most common soloing approaches to save you hours in the practice room
• 5 Guitar Licks for each mode + Professional Backing Tracks