Take Guitar’s Most Famous Scale Beyond Basic Blues & Classic Rock
The journey of virtually every guitar player begins with the pentatonic scale. No other scale has been used more to further the connection between the guitar and modern music. Pentatonic shapes fall so easily under the fingers, however, that the same thing which helped us progress can end up holding us back. In Mastering Pentatonics boring pentatonic clichés are blown out of the water with a wealth of fresh, creative ideas from a group of expert guitar players.
- Discover new pentatonic patterns, licks, and sequences
- Learn multiple ways to adapt pentatonic scales to play over any chord
- Explore hybrid and exotic pentatonic scale forms to transform your lick vocabulary
You will master pentatonic licks in the style of the greats:
| Eric Clapton | Ace Frehley | Paul Gilbert | Joe Walsh | Brian May | Angus Young |Richie Kotzen | Michael Schenker | Eric Johnson | Joe Bonamassa | Joe Satriani | Carl Verheyen | Joe Diorio | B.B. King | Albert King | Buddy Guy | Robben Ford |
But, this is more than simply a lick book. You’ll also discover game-changing concepts that will help you progress as a musician for years to come.
Here’s what you get:
- A pentatonic “cram session” to fill any gaps in your knowledge
- How to build pentatonic scales from each of the major scale modes
- Break away from box shapes with our guide to re-visualizing the fretboard
- Learn how to mix major and minor pentatonics to create some killer blues licks
- Discover the essential shapes used by the great shred guitarists
- Learn how to build “pentatonic chords” to create intriguing new sounds
- Master exotic pentatonic scales that will open up new harmonic ideas