Combine Walking Basslines and Jazz Guitar Chords, with Martin Taylor MBE
Walking Bass for Jazz Guitar
- Do you struggle to combine jazz guitar chords with walking basslines?
- Do you want to play walking bass and chords over any jazz standard?
- Can you create the basslines that are the foundation of chord melody jazz guitar?
Walking Bass for Jazz Guitar distils over 40 years of virtuosity and skill into one beautiful jazz guitar book. Learn from the internationally acclaimed master of jazz chord melody guitar as he teaches you, step-by-step, how to play walking basslines on guitar and combine them with rock solid rhythm guitar chords.
As a special bonus, 2 specially commissioned online videos are included, with Martin Taylor illustrating the secrets of walking basslines on jazz guitar.
Walking Bass for Jazz Guitar: What You’ll Learn:
- The fundamental concepts of building walking basslines from scratch
- How to play walking bass exactly like a bass player
- How to play chords and basslines at the same timeto become the ultimate rhythm player
- How to harmonise chords on chromatic notes to create rich musical textures
- The secrets of syncopation and harmonic phrasing to make you an interesting and versatile accompanist
- Jazz bass rhythmic skips and pick tricks that imitate a jazz drummer’s brushes
- Re-harmonisation techniques and bassline “licks” to get you started
Bonus 1: Three transcriptions of Martin Taylor’s walking bass and chord solos on popular jazz standards
Bonus 2: Exclusive videos to watch as you learn – get inside the music in one-on-one sessions (viewable online)
Bonus 3:Over 120 live recorded and notated examples of Martin breaking down every skill, step-by-step (free download)
Walking Basslines and Chords Have Never Been So Easy to Master
If you’ve ever heard jazz guitar chord melody, you’ll no doubt have been impressed by how great players like Joe Pass and Martin Taylor seamlessly play rhythm guitar andwalking basslines at the same time
Walking Bass for Jazz Guitar teaches you Martin Taylor’s own secret method for building a rock solid walking bassline on any jazz standard, and shows you a fool proof way of playing chords, all at the same time. You’ll become a one-instrument rhythm section and be perfectly placed to accompany singers and soloists in a duo setting.
Here’s What You Get:
- The definitive guide to Martin’s walking bassline technique
- A step-by-step jazz guitar method that starts simple and adds layers of complexity
- Specially commissioned chord melody guitar videos from Martin Taylor
- Expert guidance on solid rhythm playing, bassline construction, chromatic approach notes, re-harmonisation and more…
- Over 120 studio quality musical examples to download for FREE
- Perfectly notated examples with tab and notation.
Unlock One of the Great Secrets of Jazz Chord Melody Guitar Playing
Walking Bass for Jazz Guitar with Martin Taylor MBE is the antidote to formulaic guitar methods. A “layered” guitar system helps you understand every simple step and lets you quickly combine rock solid walking basslines on guitar with rich, interesting jazz chords.
Walking Bass for Jazz Guitar begins with basic root notes and chord voicings and adds layer upon layer of detail to create your own, beautiful self-contained rhythm guitar arrangements of essential jazz standards
Walking Bass for Jazz Guitarcontains over 120 supporting audio examples, so you can hear exactly how each step in the process should sound.
Watch Martin Taylor teaching his techniques in exclusive online jazz guitar videos
Buy it now to begin creating your own stunning walking bass guitar arrangements.