Dominant Arpeggio Substitutions to Instantly Revolutionize Your Jazz Solos
- Bored of playing the same old jazz guitar ideas?
- Ready to learn how Kurt Rosenwinkel, Jonathan Kreisberg, and Julian Lage solo on dominant chords?
- Want to use jazz arpeggio substitutions to instantly make your playing pop?
Inject Your Jazz Guitar Soloing With Some New Ideas
You probably already know it’s possible to play different jazz arpeggio substitutions over a chord to create different tensions in your jazz guitar solos…
… but until now, there hasn’t been a single comprehensive guide that describes and teaches every useful approach to all the colors you can play on a dominant chord to create altered tensions.
Enter Jazz Guitar Dominant Chord Substitutions – a literal bible of creative arpeggio substitutions that sound great played over any V7 chord.
In fact, you’ll learn how to “layer” arpeggios you already know over dominant chords to access beautiful, interesting, and advanced note choices quickly and easily in your solos.
The great news is that you’ll use arpeggios you already know, like Maj7, Min7, Dom7 and m7b5 in ways you’d never have thought of, to build exciting dominant chord lines. In fact, you’ll learn multiple substitution ideas for each arpeggio, so you can get dozens of dominant substitutions with each one – just by applying the shape in a different way.
This is an intuitive, guitar-friendly “hack” that helps you play sophisticated, ear-catching lines instantly. Every idea is tested, nothing is taught that doesn’t sound good, and every substitution idea is taught musically over a ii V I – there’s no boring theory to worry about.
Level Up Your Jazz Guitar Vocabulary with Modern Lines
Jazz Guitar Dominant Chord Substitutions gets you playing lines in the style of the modern jazz guitar greats… the ones you never thought you were capable of emulating. You will:
- Immediately breathe fresh life into your playing
- Use sequenced arpeggio patterns to create melodic lines
- Construct authentic jazz lines that effortlessly incorporate extended/altered tones
- Grow your modern jazz vocabulary organically
Explore the Potential of Jazz Substitution Ideas
But that’s not all – once you’re fluent in these exciting jazz guitar arpeggios, you’ll learn to:
- Combine arpeggio substitution ideas in a single ii V I
- Construct flowing melodic lines that mix and match arpeggio types
- Apply these ideas in the real world over any jazz standard
Bonus: Download FREE audio for the 200 musical ideas in this book to hear these substitutions in action, including musical backing tracks to practice with.
If you’re ready to supercharge your jazz guitar soloing, buy Jazz Guitar Dominant Chord Substitutions today!
Praise for Tim Pettingale:
“Every book I’ve seen from Tim Pettingale is so well done. Lots of wonderful information and always very clearly delivered.”
– MIKE STERN
“An insightful, must-have volume for anyone looking to develop a greater understanding of the function/application of arpeggios in the realm of harmonic exploration.”
– MARK WHITFIELD
“This is a book I wish had been available years ago. Highly recommended!”
– ULF WAKENIUS