Ready to turn essential arpeggios into exciting jazz guitar licks?
Struggling to play meaningful jazz guitar solos?
Not sure how to move from boring arpeggio patterns to exciting jazz solos?
Want to create authentic jazz arpeggio licks, anywhere on the fretboard?
Learn only the arpeggios you need and quickly turn them into blazing jazz guitar solos…
A solid understanding of arpeggio shapes and how use them to create meaningful solos is a foundation of jazz guitar, but many players struggle to get musical with these important building blocks.
Jazz Guitar Arpeggio Soloing quickly shows you how to bridge the gap between arpeggio shapes and the inventive arpeggio-based lines played by players like Joe Pass, Jim Hall and Wes Montgomery… right through to Jonathan Kreisberg, Julian Lage, Kurt Rosenwinkel and every modern jazz guitar player.
It cuts to the chase to teach only the most usable arpeggios for the jazz guitar player. You’ll find yourself turning to these ideas again and again as ammunition for solos, as you explore the sounds of:
- Major 7
- Minor 9
- Dominant 7b9
- Minor 7b5
- Dominant 7#5b9
With a chapter dedicated to each arpeggio, you’ll discover a powerful mix of drills and melodic vocabulary:
- Learn essential “box position” arpeggio shapes
- Discover extended arpeggio shapes that use the full range of the neck
- Expand your fretboard knowledge with melodic lines that link together arpeggio shapes across the fretboard
- Learn to avoid the root, so arpeggios sound like music, not exercises!
Easily turn arpeggio patterns into useable authentic licks
Jazz Guitar Arpeggio Soloing places emphasis on visualizing arpeggio shapes and discovering how to create unlimited solo ideas by adding passing notes that target arpeggio tones.
You’ll learn to add extended and chromatic notes to your lines and discover unlimited jazz soloing potential.
Apply jazz guitar arpeggios over essential chord changes
You’ll learn to play blazing solos artistically over the two most common sequences in jazz:
- The major ii V I
- The minor ii V i
These sequences occur in virtually every jazz tune and once you’ve worked through this book, you’ll be equipped to jam over 90% of the jazz standard repertoire.
The licks here provide you with a wealth of ideas to perfectly spell out the changes, while weaving around the harmony. You’ll master dozens of melodic ideas that you can add to your playing immediately.
- How to pull out the “hidden” jazz patterns within arpeggios, such as the diminished and augmented character of dominant chords
- How to use arpeggio patterns to create motif ideas
- How to keep your lines interesting by adding rhythmic variation
- How to combine swinging lines with blistering 1/16th note runs
There are over 220 clearly notated examples in this jam-packed book in both standard notation and TAB. What’s more, you can download the studio quality audio too, for FREE, so you know exactly how each lick should sound.
Buy Jazz Guitar Arpeggio Soloing now and start playing better jazz guitar today…