Discover Oz Noy’s Outside Guitar Soloing for Rock, Jazz, Blues & Fusion
“One mark of a great guitarist is their ability to use notes from outside the key to take you on a melodic journey…”
As one of the world’s most innovative guitar players, Oz Noy’s dynamic and dazzling soloing has had a global impact on the guitar community. He has pushed the boundaries of rock, jazz, and blues, seamlessly fusing ideas from all genres to create a unique and compelling voice.
Oz’s groundbreaking guitar method, Inside Outside Guitar Soloing takes a deep dive into his melodic concepts, as he teaches how to move seamlessly from “regular” inside soloing, to adding exciting outside concepts.
Groundbreaking Outside Guitar Soloing Techniques for Any Genre
Inside Outside Guitar Soloing helps you master the four most important altered guitar scales in modern music. You’ll work through powerful, melodic exercises to embed them into your ears and fingers, before mastering exciting intervallic licks for each one.
Each scale then becomes the basis of a blistering guitar solo that introduces its unique color to your playing melodically. Each one is analyzed in great detail to help you replicate these sounds in your own music.
- Forget everything you thought you knew about the Mixolydian mode and discover what it’s really capable of!
- Master Whole Tone scale soloing and discover how to use it properly
- Learn Oz’s unique way of understanding and applying the Diminished scale melodically
- Discover essential shapes for the Altered scale so you can play it anywhere on the neck
- Learn dozens of modern intervallic licks and runs
- Unlock special techniques such as sidestepping, anchor tones, and exploiting the symmetrical soloing patterns of the guitar
In any book dealing with advanced scales, it’s easy to be overwhelmed with information, so in Inside Outside Guitar Soloing, Oz Noy strips away the complexity to presents a clear, practical method for bringing modern colors into your playing.
Coloring Outside the Lines – A Soloing Masterclass
Oz describes scales as colors. Some are vivid and bright, others dark and tense. Here you won’t just learn notes, you’ll learn how to create the perfect mood and vibe for any guitar solo. You’ll discover how even the most routine chord sequences can inspire exciting, modern solos.
Outside Soloing That Goes Beyond Guitar Scales
As well as helping you master the four most important “outside” guitar scales, Oz Noy talks in detail about:
- Developing motif-based solos
- Balancing blues vocabulary with modern intervallic licks
- Controlling and manipulating outside tensions
- Which altered scale to play when… and why!
At the end, every single scale, concept and approach is blended into a funky tour-de-force blues solo that takes your playing and understanding to a whole new level.
Bonus 1: Download FREE audio for every example, recorded live at Oz’s NYC studio. You’ll hear and copy how every single lick is supposed to sound
Bonus 2: Get five original backing tracks to help you master each solo and create your own ideas.
If you’re ready to transition smoothly from inside guitar playing to powerful “outside” solos, Oz Noy is here to take you on that exciting journey.
Buy it now!