A Creative Guide to Guitar Looper Pedal Mastery
Guitar loop pedals have become massively popular in recent years and for good reason. A looper pedal can be your best friend because they’re
- A place to quickly store ideas
- A way to make your rhythm / solo parts more interesting on a gig
- An effective way to fill out solo performances
- A practice buddy who is always at the same ability level as you!
Artists like Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding and KT Tunstall use loopers as a key part of their live shows, and in this book Instagram guitar sensation Kristof Neyens shows you how to master looping with a wealth of creative ideas and cool licks and riffs. Though some musicians make it look easy, creating great loops is more challenging than it appears… but we’ve got you covered:
Quickly master the guitar loop pedal basics
But guitar looping can be tough. Often players struggle to loop in time, understand how to record creative, effective layers, leave space in the music and blend tones. Luckily, Guitar looping, the creative guide is here to answer your questions and teach you countless ways to make music with your looper pedal.
- Great advice on the best loop pedals available, their features, and what will suit your needs
- Where to place the looper in your guitar rig to get the best effects
- How to build loops from the ground up
- Tricks to start and end loops perfectly every time
Get creative with your guitar looper pedal!
Next, it’s time to get creative. Guitar Looping: The Creative Guide contains tons of techniques and tricks to get the most out of your loop pedal.
Here’s what you’ll learn
- Create killer, multiple-layer loops the right way, ensuring all parts fit together
- Harmonise guitar parts
- Arrange basslines, riffs and single-note melodies
- Use your looper to bust out of creative ruts
- Lay down percussive grooves using your guitar as a drum
Bonus: Two complete pieces of music composed especially for this book
Bonus: Live audio download of every one of the 116 examples in the book so you can jam along
Bonus: Online HD video of Kristof demonstrating guitar looping techniques in action.
Advanced, creative guitar loop techniques
Once you’re on your way to becoming a proficient guitar looper, there’s even more to learn! You’l quickly discover:
- Expressive techniques that will set you apart as a musician:
- Simple but effective drop tuning techniques
- How to create synth-like pad effects to solo over
- How to mimic other instruments like violin, mandolin, pedal steel guitar, banjo and even clarinet
- How to use a slide to create unique loop parts
- Ways to imitate vinyl scratching, reverse loops and create other sound effects
- How to embrace randomness in loops and use it to your advantage
- Unique ways to combine other effects with your looper to create amazing soundscapes
Boost your guitar practice sessions
As well as being a creative tool, loop pedals are invaluable practice aids. There’s a big difference between learning a scale and using it in a musical context, so forget the generic backing tracks and create your own accompaniment to:
- Practice scales and arpeggios across the neck
- Hear the effect of different scales against chords
- Practice playing on and behind the beat
- Practice modal and pentatonic patterns
Guitar Looping: The Creative Guide is jam-packed with tons of cool licks and ideas waiting to be discovered.
Buy it today and finally master your guitar loop pedal!