The Comprehensive Guitar Practice Guide
- Feel like you’re wasting time in the practice room?
- Don’t know which skills to study to improve your guitar playing?
- Frustrated with long-term plateaus?
If you understand the need to practice guitar, but struggle with what, when, and how, then this book is for you.
Because what you need is a structured practice plan that yields positive short-term growth, and long-term excellence on guitar.
Guided Practice Routines for Guitar – Intermediate Level is book two in Levi Clay’s ground-breaking series. Book one was an instant bestseller, and now he’s ready to take your guitar playing to the next level.
This book solves the problems posed by millions of guitar students around the world:
“What should I practice, and for how long?”
“What should my practice routine look like?”
And, quite simply, “How do I get good on guitar?!”
You’ll learn by using carefully designed practice drills and play along with Levi himself on over 125 exercises with accompanying audio tracks. Plus… everything is clearly illustrated with neck diagrams, standard notation and TAB.
Next-Level Skills for Every Guitar Player!
Whatever style of guitar you want to play, there are key skills you need to master across every genre – and this book covers them all.
After a meaningful warm-up session, each of the 10 routines in Guided Practice Routines for Guitar – Intermediate Level builds and refines your guitar skills in the following essential areas:
- Foundational Techniques Review – review and sharpen the areas of technique that will form the foundation of what’s to come
- Closed Voice Triads – learn to visualise CAGED chord shapes and break them into smaller, closed voice triads. Quickly 4x your chord voicing options.
- Dominating Dominant 7s – get fluent with one of the most important chord and scale sounds in Blues, Rock, Country and Jazz
- Playing 1/8th and 1/16th Note Rhythms – sort out your rhythm skills once and for all with Levi’s no-nonsense approach
- Major 7 and Minor 7 workout – a complete workout for major 7 and minor 7 chords. You’ll cover multiple chord voicings and scales all over the neck. Then you’ll use these to play some must-know song progressions
- Mastering Intervals – break out of clichéd patterns and runs by creating sequenced patterns using 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, 6ths and 7th intervals
- Embellishing CAGED Chord Voicings – this vital routine teaches how to connect closed voice triads across the fretboard, from position to position, adding musical embellishments
- Articulation and Phrasing – learn one of the most important articulation techniques in modern guitar, and effortlessly combine alternate picking with legato
- Drilling Minor Modal Scales – dive into the Dorian minor scale – an essential tool in your soloing arsenal
Build practice habits that will keep you growing musically
Every routine in this ultimate guitar practice guide improves your playing and enhances your musicality. It’s a powerful approach that has already paid off for literally thousands of students, and now it’s available to you!
Buy it now and quickly hear meaningful practice become excellent musicianship.