The Ultimate Guide to Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Mastery – with Daryl Kellie
Advanced Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar Technique is Now Accessible to All!
The flamboyant and highly technical style of modern fingerstyle acoustic guitar has taken the Internet by storm. With its eclectic mix of picking techniques, fret tapping, percussive tech-niques and harmonics, this is a demanding guitar style to master – but help is at hand from an expert.
Daryl Kellie’s stunning solo rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody has been watched hundreds of thousands of times and there is no one better placed to teach you everything you need to know about fingerstyle acoustic style. (See Daryl in action below!)
• Have you listened to players like Tommy Emmanuel, Andy McKee and Jon Gomm and wondered how do they do that?
• Would you like to learn advanced techniques like harp harmonics and two-handed fret tapping?
• Would you like to learn how to create your own fingerstyle arrangements?
Despite the multitude of videos available online, there is no structured method to learn advanced fingerstyle techniques… until now!
In this book you’ll learn all the essential “special effects” of fingerstyle acoustic, taught in a straightforward manner, that starts simple and builds in complexity.
What You’ll Learn
• Travis picking in the style of Merle Travis, Chet Atkins and Tommy Emmanuel
• Tommy Emmanuel-style “Harp harmonics” to create beautiful cascading chords
• DADGAD tuning in the style of Pierre Bensusan with useful moveable chord shapes
• Other alternate tunings in the style of Michael Hedges and others
• Percussive effects that mimic a drummer’s kick drum and snare
• Fret tapping techniques using one or both hands
• “Inverted left hand” technique in the style of Preston Reed, Andy McKee and Jon Gomm
Bonus 1: This book includes 9 full length performance pieces, each of which will help you master the techniques of modern acoustic fingerstyle guitar. Each piece is broken down for you, with performance tips.
Bonus 2: Includes an incredible 15 tuition videos! Every essential technique is demonstrated for you by Daryl, and every full-length piece is performed.
Learn the skills and grow your repertoire
If you are new to modern fingerstyle acoustic guitar, this step-by-step guide will help you to learn the essential skills and perfect your technique.
If you are a more advanced player, this book will give you crucial technical insights into the advanced aspects of the style, but will also add to your performance repertoire with 7 original pieces, in both standard and altered tunings.
In addition, the final chapter is dedicated to showing you how to take a simple tune and arrange it for fingerstyle acoustic guitar, reharmonizing chords and even transferring it to an open tun-ing.
Download studio quality audio for 80 audio examples, plus all the full length performance pieces. Hear how every example should sound.
15 specially created videos will show you exactly how to play each technique and piece. This is a comprehensive course to help you completely master advanced acoustic fingerstyle guitar.