Master the Riffs and Grooves of The World’s Greatest Rock Bass Players
There’s no style of electric bass more immediate, more powerful, or downright satisfying to play than rock!
100 Rock Grooves for Electric Bass is your complete guide to mastering the essential skills of Rock bass guitar. You’ll learn 100 riffs and grooves in the style of 21 legendary bassists, from the early beginnings of Rock music to cutting-edge modern rockers.
Discover 100 Authentic Rock Riffs & Grooves for Electric Bass
This is much more than a simple book of licks. You’ll go on a journey with some of the most innovative play-ers ever to pick up the bass. These are the players who literally discovered what makes an amazing bassline.
You’ll nail the groove styles of:
- Early Rock Pioneers – John Entwistle, Jack Bruce, Chris Squire
- Classic Rock – Lemmy, Cliff Williams, Ross Val-ory
- Heavy Metal – John Paul Jones, Geezer Butler, Cliff Bur-ton
- Prog Rock – Geddy Lee, John Myung, Justin Chancel-lor
- Funk Rock – Flea, Les Claypool, Doug Wimbish
- Grunge – Krist Novoselic, Jeff Ament, Mike Starr
- Modern Rock – Billy Gould, Chris Wol-stenholme, Mike Kerr
The Recipe for a Perfect Bass Groove
We all know a great bass riff or groove when we hear it, but what makes it so compelling? In this book, sea-soned session bassist Dan Hawkins teaches the essential techniques needed to create an array of memorable grooves. Electric Bass skills you’ll learn include:
- John Entwistle-style percussive techniques
- The jazz trick Jack Bruce used in Cream tunes
- How to embellish your basslines with pentatonic fills
- Tips for both fingerstyle technique and playing with a pick
- The articulation techniques used by the greats to make the bass part stand out
- How to create solid memorable riffs that make a tune
- All the must-know arpeggio and scale patterns you need
- The ideas that fuelled some of the greatest basslines in recorded history
Get Your Bass Groove Playing Up to Scratch
There’s more! 100 Rock Grooves for Electric Bass also teach-es you how to nail the perfect Rock tone, with tips on amps, effects and strings, as well as insights into the gear used by the greats.
100 Fantastic Rock Style Basslines
Each section of the book profiles several legendary Rock bass players and explains how they created their icon-ic basslines.
Bonus 1: As well as a FREE download of 100 studio quality audio examples, we’ve created a special Spotify playlist of essential tunes to get you in the groove.
Bonus 2: Studio quality backing tracks to jam over will help you perfect your skills and get your playing super-tight
Buy 100 Rock Grooves for Electric Bass today and quickly elevate your Rock bass skills to staggering new heights!
Buy it now!