Master the Classic Licks of Twenty 1950s Guitar Legends
The 1950s saw an explosion of creativity, as guitar players used innovative new guitars and amps to realise their musical visions. This decade is remarkable for its sheer number of guitar innovators – players who invented new licks and ideas, never heard before – and this iconic era lives on. From James Burton and Buddy Holly to B.B. King and Duane Eddy, it’s all here!
100 Guitar Licks of the 1950s captures the spirit of the era, examining the playing of 20 trailblazing legends. Unlike other licks books, this one goes deep with in-depth insights into each player’s style. Instead of copying licks parrot fashion, you’ll learn the theory behind each line and incorporate these ideas into your everyday playing.
- Learn to play in the style of 20 guitar pioneers of the 1950s
- Master 5 definitive guitar licks for each player
- Get creative and jam over original backing tracks
- Discover biographies for each player and tips on how to achieve their tone
Learn 1950s Guitar Licks in the Style of…
Jimmy Bryant | James Burton | Franny Beecher | Buddy Holly | Les Paul | Hubert Sumlin | Carl Perkins | Joe Maphis | Scotty Moore | Luther Perkins | Cliff Gallup | B.B. King | Sister Rosetta Tharpe | Hank Garland | Chuck Berry | Johnny Guitar Watson | Chet Atkins | Duane Eddy | Grady Martin | Hank Marvin |
100 Guitar Licks of the 1950s
The guitar players of the 1950s used the technology of their day to electrify the Chicago blues, reinvent Country music in Nashville and give birth to Rock ‘n’ Roll in Memphis. Want to be able to accurately recreate these guitar styles and sounds? These definitive licks will give you the tools you need.
- 100 classic 1950s licks that teach the language of 20 guitar legends
- Playing advice and a breakdown of every lick, from fingering to performance notes
- Tips on articulation and how to make each lick your own
- Backing tracks to practice your chops and develop your own new ideas
- Perfectly notated examples with TAB and studio quality audio to download for free
Go Way Beyond “Traditional” Guitar Lick Books
100 Guitar Licks of the 1950s is different to other books on the market. You won’t just learn licks verbatim with no context. Instead, detailed insight is given into each line, explaining both the theory and technique. This means you will understand the concepts behind the licks and be able to absorb them into your own playing.
Free Audio Download!
Learning classic guitar licks from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. 100 Guitar Licks of the 1950s contains 100 supporting audio examples and 22 backing tracks to help you get inside the music and quickly apply each lick in a real musical situation.
Buy it now to bring the authentic language of classic 1950s guitar legends into your playing.