Exotic Scales for Rock/Metal Guitar… In 130 Jaw-Dropping Licks
- Is your rock/metal guitar playing crying out for some fresh ideas?
If you’re ready to discover some spicy scales that will launch your guitar soloing into the stratosphere, rock god Chris Zoupa is here to mastermind your success.
Exotic Scales for Rock Guitar Soloing is your complete pathway to next-level soloing, and it’s jam-packed with crazy licks and quirky ideas.
If you’re comfortable with pentatonics and au fait with modes, this patented Zoupa guidebook will quickly make your guitar solos scream with a new exotic dimension.
Learn Exotic Scales Musically to Elevate your Guitar Solos
Exotic scales are often treated like mysterious side-dishes instead of a tasty main course. But here, you’ll quickly develop a taste for the power of exotic scales by making simple changes to ideas you already know… staring with the pentatlodic scale…
Here’s a breakdown:
- The Pentalodic Scale – yep, you read that right. What happens when you make one simple change to the minor pentatonic scale? You create a super-familiar pattern to slay solos in harmonic and melodic minor settings
- Symmetrical Arpeggios – You’ve probably rolled out a diminished arpeggio, perhaps even an augmented one, but there are so many new places you can use these ideas… you’ll learn the how, why and the where of using symmetrical arpeggios to create incredible solos
- Harmonic Minor – integral to the golden age of metal, the harmonic minor provides all the sinister you need. And it’s still alive and well from Opeth to Eilish. Once again, a simple tweak to something you already know allows you to quickly access this iconic texture
- Phrygian Dominant – From the Scorpions Sails of Charon to Laid to Rest by Lamb of God, the Phrygian Dominant scale is a life-changer that’s used to create exotic motifs and spicy riffs. It’s essential for metal, neo-classical and most virtuosic rock guitar music
- Melodic Minor – Listen to artists like Periphery, Cynic, Mike Stern, Steve Vai and Allan Holdsworth and you’ll quickly discover a sound you’ve been missing in heavy rock and metal. It’s dark, mysterious and the ultimate sonic secret weapon
- Hungarian Minor – Known for its connection to Django Reinhardt and Gypsy Jazz, this scale has been beautifully integrated into rock and metal by many metal gurus and sounds incredible. Once again, a small tweak to something you already know allows quick access to these tones, and you’ll get all the secrets.
Exotic Scales / Real World Applications
In these hallowed pages, the focus is always on creating great music, so you’ll learn how to turn scales into compelling solos from the first moment.
While Exotic Scales for Rock Guitar Soloing teaches you 130 death-defying stunt-guitar licks, it actually shows you how to write your own lines to build your own unique musical identity. Boring theory is kept to an absolute minimum so that the focus is on playing in real world situations.
Superlative Shredding to Make Your Solos Sing
If you’re ready to discover a whole new sonic world, Chris Zoupa is ready to guide you through the ins and outs of exotic shred! You’ll be a different player on the other side.
Every idea is beautifully written in notation and TAB, and we’ve included 129 FREE audio files with backing tracks to download, so you can hear as well as see everything you need to become the ultimate exotic shredder!
Buy it now, and add a touch of the exotic to your playing…